Saturday, April 23, 2011

Eggstraordinary Easter Decor!

Tomorrow is Easter sunday.....did it creep up on you too? I was just arranging a centerpiece for my table when it dawned on me that you might be thinking about how to make your table festive too.  Whether you are hosting a brunch for twelve with your finest china or having lunch with your family on the patio, a beautiful set table is very welcoming no matter how formal or how casual you are celebrating Easter. I always love to use natural elements in my tablescapes. It's simple and on hand most of the time.  Most easters my family and I fill a cute basket with colorful dyed eggs, surround the basket with petite flower vases with bright pink azaleas (they are in bloom all over my yard this time of year, choose what you have blooming near you) and then we prop some cute hand painted bunnies from years past on the dyed eggs and around the table. It's easy, effective and the kids love it!  Do you want to know my favorite though?  I get a big vase, stick a big branch or two in it (I use dogwood branches from our yard) and hang hand painted eggs by my kids from the branches. It's very showy and gives the occasion a personal touch. The most important ingredient however, is to have fun preparing your beautiful table this Easter. It does not have to be complicated.  Use what you have around you. With a little bit of imagination you can turn an ordinary table setting into an "eggstraordinary" tablescape!







Easter_Decorative egg display tree




Green and purple overall table setting






Make a Bright Easter Egg Garland











Decorative Egg Cups

Photographs via HGTV,  Martha Stewart and Better Homes & Gardens




Happy Easter!
Ana Alicia













Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment