Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easy, breezy, beautiful ...

This Shelter Island beach house caught my attention because of its simplicity, the washed wood in every room, the Scandinavian vibe and the uncomplicated, summery mood it gives its owners on vacation. All the colors are muted and interconnect throughout the bright rooms. I can see myself picking out a great book and lounging around on the white sofa with a cup of ice tea. There is a carefree atmosphere you can almost touch. Isn't that what we want on vacation? That's definitely what I look for in a beach house! Easy, breezy, beautiful.....


It also has a wood stove for cozy winter evenings.....which 
is a plus...this house can be used year round...
(Notice the hand stamped tile on the wall)
It all feels casual and lived in...
Windows are open, the breeze is coming 
right in....the bed is not perfectly made...
An organic bath experience at the end of 
a sun-sand-wind filled day...
 Casual get togethers with friends and family...
A place to relax....and have a siesta...
Just leave the office behind....




Harriet Maxwell Macdonald and Andrew Carrie

I wish it were a rental... I could spend a week in this beach house! Those floors are begging my feet to walk barefoot on them...the sandier the better! I do hope it has a beautiful outdoor space as well! 

Happy Decorating!
Ana Alicia

Leave a comment below if you wish.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment