Monday, March 14, 2011

Birch tree wallpaper

There has been a resurgence in wallpaper. You can see it in residences, hotels, shops.... everywhere now. Eight years ago my husband and I remodeled our home and had all the orange and yellow and pink floral wallpaper stripped from the walls. In fact it was one of the first things on our list, as we could not stand looking at it anymore. We could not wait to have all the walls painted! Well now, I am contemplating at all these cool, new modern wallpapers and I have to tell you, I am having second thoughts.....it is textural, fun, adds a whimsical touch.....so, where does my home need a piece of unexpected personality? While I am pondering on this idea, please check out my top pick for today: "Woods wallpaper" by Cole & Son. It's a forest of bare birch woods. It mixes white and black to excellent effect, don't you think? I say it injects a shot of "nostalgic modernism."




11-28-woods.jpg
via Apartmentherapy


Design*Sponge  » Blog Archive   » bryn6 modern bedroom
via Houzz.com
I could see myself sleeping in this enchanted forest. 
Your eye is brought up and the space seems to grow.

ducduc™ modern kids
via Houzz.com
The birch trees act as a backdrop to the 
crib in this baby girls bedroom.


Jay Jeffers via Metropolitan Home
A small bathroom sparks interest with the
long, narrow birch trees. The trees act as stripes, 
visually expanding the space.

Third floor office / lounge area modern home office
via Houzz.com
Can't commit to wallpapering an entire wall? 
Make a big statement as art!



opt-wall-paper-birch-interi.jpg
via Nibsblog
This narrow space is enhanced by a splash 
of personality with this wallpaper.

cole & son
via cole & son
A kitchen backsplash, what a great idea!







interior-decorating-white-k.jpg
PHOTO BY PETER MURDOCK VIA ELLE DECOR


My favorite: wallpapering a kitchen island! 
There is a lot of texture in this monochromatic kitchen. 
The wallpaper softens the industrial look.
Calcutta marble, Cherner chairs, crystal beaded pendant lamps (by Chimera),




Would you hang this woodsy wallpaper in your home? 
Would love to hear from you.
Please comment in the box below.

Happy Decorating!
Ana Alicia
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment